Another scan and an update (and another walk)

Just a quick blog to save me having to write this out lots of times...

This morning we saw my oncologist to get the results of my scan last Friday. It's not great news - the primary tumour has grown quite a bit since my last scan in January and there are at least a couple of new secondaries in my liver.

I'm not too surprised - the pain had been gradually ticking up but seems to have been accelerating the last couple of weeks. Thank the Lord for slow release morphine.

I'd already pretty much decided that I would have another go at some chemo, so that's now a definite. We're going away for a few days next week so it will be after that - and probably more of the GemCap I had last time.

The oncologist has suggested that I think about having a different drug just to ring the changes a bit. (If you are interested, GemCap = Gemcitabine + Capecitabine, and he's suggesting Gemcitabine + Abraxane.) To be honest there is no way of knowing what will be effective at this stage but I will think about it a bit over the weekend and decide next week.

And that's it really... I'll probably have something more profound to say in a bit, but for now, I can't cope with too much emotion.

If you want to do something to help (other than all the wonderful things you are doing already) you could head over to Facebook and sponsor me. This year I'm aiming to walk 100km in May for Traidcraft Exchange, the charity I work for. I've done 27km so far so hopefully I'll reach my target even if I can't do as much with the chemo. The countryside is so beautiful at the moment that be outside is a bonus.

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/donate/1440212499792459/

If you are not on Facebook, I'm happy to take money for Traidcraft Exchange by any other route!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer in a time of Covid

So you do fundraising then? No...

The one I didn't want to post